RAID failure already!!!!!

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Nov 16 14:22:50 UTC 2006

James Pifer wrote:
> oh ****. yep, i would say it is. Got the command from my "history".
>
> So I'm hosed... Why didn't it complain about anything? And what did it
> do then, I mean it seemed to work, with the right amount of disk space
> available etc.

You might have built a degraded array, i.e. a system that has already
failed one disk.

When working with software RAID it is always a good idea
to print out /proc/mdstat once in a while to check that
your RAIDs are what you've expected - RAID level, number
of disks, spares, etc.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk