FC6 Power off not working any more

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Nov 16 17:32:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 03:37:54PM +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> After I upgraded to FC6 when I stop the computer, all procedure is
> completed but power is still on.
> FC6 is fully updated with latest packages and kernel
> Where to look at?

I have noticed the same thing on my Toshiba Tecra 8000, which is 7-8
(??) years old, and uses APM. I have not seen it on two newer
machines, both of which use APCI.

What kind of hardware? Motherboard, processor, and whether you use APM
or APCI might be relevant. If you know or can find out, the version
number and copyright date on the BIOS might be relevant to an APM
machine. Also, which kernel are you using?