Unersolved issues with FC6?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Nov 16 18:10:12 UTC 2006

Knute Johnson wrote:
>> ... xorg driver, or binary from NVidia?
>
> With the xorg driver.  Somebody else suggested the nvidia drivers and
> that fixes it.  Dual head still doesn't work but I can live with
> that.

Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add something like these lines to the
"Screen" section:

         Option      "TwinView" "True"
         Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "RightOf"
         Option      "MetaModes" "1600x1200, 1600x1200"

file:///usr/share/doc/xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-1.0.8776/html/appendix-d.html
has more information.

>> If you select KDE at the login screen, you get the Gnome panels when
>> you log in?  I can't reproduce that on my system...
>
> Pretty weird huh?

Yes.  I'd remove .kde from your home dir and try again.

> Are there x86_64 nvidia drivers?

You're using them.