Yum public keys -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Nov 17 13:52:14 UTC 2006

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Todd Zullinger wrote:
>>
>> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> I attempted to install Audacity via yum but I am stumped by the
>>> following message:
>>>
>>>     Downloading Packages:
>>>     warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA
>>>     signature: NOKEY, key ID 1aa78495
>>>
>>>     Public key for
>>>     libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf.i386.rpm is not installed
>>>

>>> I don't know what public key it needs or how to get it.  Yum has
>>> been working for everything else I've needed until this.
>>>

>> This is typically something that comes along with the repository
>> configuration.  If you're getting Audacity from a repo that you
>> configured manually, then you'll want to add the key from the same
>> place that you got the repo info.
>>
> All I did was "yum install audacity -y"
>> In this case the package appears to be from rpmforge (the .rf in the
>> name is the clue).  How did you configure the rpmforge repo, manually
>> adding the info to /etc/yum.repos.d/... or by installing something
>> like rpmforge-release.rpm?
>>
> I don't have an rpmforge repo in yum.repos.d.  Do I need that one?
> Seems I should be able to get it from extras or livna?
>> Also, it's worth noting that Livna has an mp3 enabled audacity as well
>> as all of the dependencies, if that's what you're looking for.  The
>> package is named audacity-mp3
>
>    No Match for argument: audacity-mp3
>    Nothing to do
>

> I do show livna repos present:
>
>    /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo
>    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  438 Nov 15 15:20 /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
>    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  417 Nov 15 15:20
>    /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo.rpmorig
>    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  582 Nov 15 15:20
>    /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo.yumex
>    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1791 Nov 15 15:20
>    /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo
>    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  280 Nov 15 15:20
>    /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo.yumex
>

>>  so as not to conflict with the audacity
>> package from extras.
>>

>    yum list audacity*
>    Setting up repositories
>    Reading repository metadata in from local files
>    Available Packages
>    audacity.i386                            1.2.5-3.fc6            extras
>

> The problem continues to be:
>
>    Install      6 Package(s)           Update       0
> Package(s)           Remove       0 Package(s)
>    Total download size: 4.7 M
>    Downloading Packages:
>    warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
>    1aa78495
>
>    Public key for libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf.i386.rpm is not installed
>

> And I don't know where to look for what key?
>

> Yumex seems to get lost when I try to use it to do the install, drives
> my cpu to near 100% and about all I can do is kill it and reboot to
> restore normalcy?  Xkill leaves the high cpu indication, reboot
> restores things ...
>> - -- Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL:
>> www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp

> [...]
I worked around the problem by installing
libid3tag-0.15.1b-3.fc6.rf.i386.rpm and lame from
"http://ftp.riken.go.jp/pub/Linux/dries/fedora/fc6/i386/RPMS.dries/"
with the repective rpm's.

Yum is easy if it works but installing from rpm's is less complicated
when there's a problem such as this.

Bob Goodwin