Problem with kde screensaver on FC6

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Nov 17 14:20:21 UTC 2006

William W. Austin wrote:

> One user (me, unfortunately) cannot configure the screen saver - any
> other user (privileged or regular user) can click on the "Configure
> screen saver" button and the window pops up with a scrolling list of
> screen savers.  When I do that, I get ths configuration window but the
> list is unpopulated.

You could try:
$ yum install kdeartwork-extras
will get you extra (xscreensaver-based) kde screensavers (not directly your
problem) from Fedora Extras.

Find/remove the [ScreenSaver] section from ~/.kde/share/config/kdesktop, if
you get desperate, you could even try renaming/deleting that file.

-- Rex