Missing mplayer libraries (SOLVED)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Nov 18 04:34:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 11:02 -0600, Smith, Herb wrote:
> [...]
----
I haven't a clue about the O'Reilly book...I haven't looked at it but
things changed considerably from FC-4 to FC-5 on the SELinux front and
that would probably be an important detail when deciding whether to buy
the book or not.

The 'Fedora FAQ' on SELinux is quite good and I would definitely
recommend that you breeze through that first.

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc5/

Though this is for FC-5, it tracks for FC-6

As for the suggestion to "chcon -t texrel_shlib_t on every file that had
this problem (use dmesg to hunt them down" - I can't say that I agree
with that recommendation. In fact, I wouldn't recommend it but it's
conceivable that it may work for you.

If you are patient, you can always ask on the list - but there are few
experts that read this list so you won't get answers right away. The
value of asking the questions to this list is it often points out policy
issues that either need to be incorporated into the selinux-policy
packages or fed back to the packagers (in your case with mplayer,
probably livna)

Craig