Glxgears -- can this be true?

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sun Nov 19 01:54:14 UTC 2006

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
<snip>
> glxgears is an exceptionally poor benchmark, as its results are
> impacted by numerous factors unrelated to the graphics card or X
> driver that you're using.

Very true....saw glxgears output drop back to the 200 FPS range just by
moving the mouse pointer all over the screen.  However, without anything
going on, FPS went back up.

Point is, putting the option in the Device section seemed to do
something positive.  Now to try some of those games and see what happens....

Got the idea by reading man radeon.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)