[FC5] Intel Webcam how to?

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 10:28:58 UTC 2006

> First link found on google:
> http://spca50x.sourceforge.net/spca50x.php?page=cams
>
> Get vendor and product ID with /sbin/lsusb and check if you find them in the
> list, or here http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html.
> If you find them, get gspca1 package at http://mxhaard.free.fr/download.html
> or the rpm at http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/gspca/ (gspca1-kmdl-your-kernel)
> so, if you kernel is up2date, here is the rpm
> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc5/gspca/gspcav1-kmdl-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5-1.00.04-2.fc5.at.i686.rpm.html
>
> Regards,
> Alain

Thanks for the proper guidance.

This is my first time to setup the webcam in linux. So far I have
updated kernel and able to install the pacakages from rpm. It is
working (checked with kopete).
My camera have a video input and I can choose the source (either cam
or from input) in windows machine. But I am not able to find how to do
this here in FC5. Kopete setting shows  me only one input. Is there a
way to do this?
My purpose for this is I am getting the output from my TV so that I
can watch some news right here in my desktop through VLC.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

Good day!