URGENT :-) MSN

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 19 12:30:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 11:52 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> This is getting to be like a vi vs emacs thread.  Either gaim or
> kopete will do it, and which you use is simply personal preference.

;-)

Do file transfers work with Kopete, yet?  I've been using Gaim for ages,
and a friend was using Kopete.  We could never manage to transfer files
between us, when he was using it.  And he couldn't transfer files with
anyone else, either (whatever they were using).

I don't really know if Kopete was at fault, but since he's been using
Linux for years longer than me, knew more than I did when were doing
complex stuff with Linux, and asserted the problem was down to Kopete, I
took his word at it.

There's no KDE installed here, and I'm not keen on doing so, so I'm not
in a position to test it for myself.

I read messages from the public lists.