Backup recommendations

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Sun Nov 19 18:01:57 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 17:26, Max Pyziur wrote:

> In my case, I've ditched 90% of my LPs in favor of mp3s.  I've also begun
> scanning both foto prints and negatives of my family's going back to the
> 30s finishing about 25% of this project.  A hard drive failure could wipe
> all of this out. (no kidding ...)

I've also, as I type, got my scanner running 120 negatives from the 40s and
50s. And I also use rsync to backup from one machine to another, but I'll
also burn them onto DVDs when I get a disk full.

Off topic a bit, but what are you doing with the negatives when you've scanned
them? You must not store them in anything made from PVC because it gives off
acid fumes. Somebody on ebay.co.uk is doing polypropylene fronted envelopes
intended for stamp collectors, but I suggested he show them in the
photographic section too.

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408