Kernel Panic w/FC6 Floppy Install Attempt

Mohan Embar gnustuff at thisiscool.com
Tue Nov 21 17:22:10 UTC 2006

Hi All,

(My apologies if this message has already been sent
out. I wasn't subscribed to the list and it didn't
show up in the archives, leading me to believe that
only subscribers can post. I'm subscribed now.)

I'm currently attempting to update my Fedora floppy
installer to FC6:

http://www.thisiscool.com/fcfloppy.htm

When I extract initrd.img and vmlinuz from boot.iso
and try to use loadlin to boot into them like this:

loadlin vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img

...I get the following:

http://www.thisiscool.com/temp/screenshot.jpg

Is there something about the new installer that
absolutely requires a CD or ext2-formatted
drive?

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/