Metrics and your privacy

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 23 15:42:36 UTC 2006

On 11/23/06, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > So we're looking for better ways to find out exactly who is out there
> > and what Fedora is being used for.  I've been compiling thoughts and
> > ideas on a metrics site.  Please take a look and comment.  What are
> > you, the community, most comfortable with?  Where's the line where
> > you'd check the check box to not participate?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Metrics
>
> I wouldn't give out any of it.

You're call, thats whats great about this open source stuff.  As far
as support goes though, you're only hurting yourself.  Especially if
you have odd hardware.  I mean its not like we're gathuring this
information to kill your kittens.  We're trying to figure out who uses
our stuff and for what purpose so we can focus better on that.

               -Mike