Rebuild computer with Intel DG965WH motherboard

Gordon Charrick gordonmc at cox.net
Mon Nov 27 00:50:09 UTC 2006

I decided it's time to rebuild my computer and replace the aging Asus
motherboard and Matrox graphics card and old ATA drives.

I went to Fry's and picked out a motherboard that I hope will work with
no problems. At least I have 15 days to return it. I also picked up a
couple Maxtor SATA drives. I plan to use the onboard graphics and sound.

Doing some googling, I'm not quite sure how compatible all the hardware
will be with FC6. It looks like there might be a problem with DVD drive.

Before I go through the time and hassle of taking apart my perfectly
working computer to replace all the innards only to find I may have to
get a different motherboard, I thought I'd ask the list for
recommendations on current motherboards that can handle dual-core
processors. Fry's has a dizzying array of motherboards in stock so
picking one is no easy task when it comes to Linux.