How does FC run on Dell Insiration?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Nov 27 04:10:20 UTC 2006

dj+fedora at delorie.com wrote:
> I have FC6 running on my Inspiron 6400.  The media card reader
> doesn't work, and so far the microphone doesn't (sound works fine).
> The ATI card worked with FC5, but the FC6 upgrade broke it (vesa
> works), haven't tried recently.  DVD works fine in libata mode (else
> slow).  Wireless ipw3945 works, but not with NetworkManager.  USB
> works fine.

You might be able to cross off a few of the problems on that list.  I
have an Inspiron E1705.  The media card reader (a Ricoh) works quite
well with FC6 (for FC5 I had to play around with hal and load some
modules manually to make it work smoothly).  The only cards I've put
into it are SD cards -- which might not be what you have a need to
use.

The Intel 3945 card works great with Network Manager here, connecting
to a WPA2 Personal AP.

I've yet to try the microphone so I couldn't say if it works or not.

Are there particular errors you get from the card reader or from the
wireless card with Network Manager?

Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a
virtue.  Fleas are interested in dogs.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke