How to encrypt and burn to dvdr my home dir?

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 08:10:15 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 22:14, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to backup my home dir to dvdr, as opposed to my usual
> > ext. hdd. What is the most "Fedora way" to do this? Ie. how can I do
> > this using only tools available from core and extras?
> >
> > FYI: I normally use K3B for my optical media writing needs.
> >
> I use k3b for backing up my /home, as well.  As long as you have the
> dvd+rw-tools installed, creating a New DVD Project works perfectly well -
> unless you have some need you didn't mention?
>
> Anne

Nah. The suggestions so far pretty much covered it. I was hoping for
something that would create a loop back image in the form of a file
that I could just mount and backup the files to , maintaining perms
and datetimes - then burn to a cd, which I could mount and then mount
the encrypted fs from.

I will settle for just taring and burning to a regular dvdr.

Thanks.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud