[OT] Protest the Novell-Microsoft Agreement - Sign Bruce Perens petition

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 04:16:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 05:48 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 01:05 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 20:55 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > Read the responses... plenty and
> > plenty of "shoulds". The more reasonable responses would say that they
> > wouldn't buy their products again. I don't think that the Board of
> > Novell even cares, as I wrote before.
> ----
> I believe that you will find something similar alongside my name
> ----
> > They got the money, shot the dog and are ready to exit stage left.
> > That's how I see it, and I believe they have the right to do so, whether
> > I like it personally or not... which I don't. I agree with you 100%, the
> > classification is for advantage of the lawyers. The GPL stands or it
> > doesn't. Nope, you will not see my name on that list. Not that it would
> > matter one bit either way. In a sideways fashion we agree on quite a
> > bit. I'll bet my money on Szulik though, not Perens. :) Ric
> ----
> reminds me of the old joke about the man who asks a woman if she would
> have sex with him for a million dollars. She says yes. He asks if she
> would have sex with him for a hundred dollars. She says, No, and then
> asks, do you think I'm a whore? To which he replies, that part we've
> already established, now we're just haggling on the price.

HA!! I love that one... I'm gonna grab it for my bag of witticisms.
I was sued for a cool million once... for violating a employment
non-compete. The bastards wouldn't PAY me a million, but the lawyers (as
you pointed out) raised the stakes to make some sort of point, like why
they charged so much to be on retainer. The company I went to work for,
knew all about my non-compete, and said THEY had lawyers better than
those bozos had, and it was on. Me? I just sat in the hot seat and
sweated. Sure, I was a whore. <evil grin> But the former company treated
me like a chickenhead $20 whore and the new company treated me like a
$100 whore and bought me dinner after. Once. Bob Young bought me
breakfast and gave me a red fedora. So, I have a tender spot for all the
sell outs, like myself. After all of that, being a Pole Dancer would be
honest work. Ric