What's a good lock box ??

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Tue Nov 28 04:21:53 UTC 2006

On Sunday 26 November 2006 19:40, Mail List wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 16:22, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > Need suggestions for a good lockbox -- a specialized application or an
> > appropriate technique for locking away sensitive personal information.
>
>   I'd recommend instead using encrypted file system - such as fuse-encfs -

   FYI - strength of encryption - encfs gives you lots of control over the
cipher algorithm and key length - the default (fc6) seems to be AES 256 bit.

  % encfsctl ~/Private/.secret

Version 5 configuration; created by EncFS 1.3.1 (revision 20040813)
Filesystem cipher: "ssl/aes", version 2:1:1
Filename encoding: "nameio/block", version 3:0:1
Key Size: 256 bits
Block Size: 512 bytes, including 8 byte MAC header
Each file contains 8 byte header with unique IV data.
Filenames encoded using IV chaining mode.
File data IV is chained to filename IV.