help installing Xp into FC6 drive?

Moif Murphy moifmurphy at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:24:25 UTC 2006

On 28/11/06, Thierry Sayegh De Bellis <linux at glossolalie.org> wrote:
> Moif Murphy wrote:

> >> Well, there is a trick around this by remapping the hdd within grub.conf
> >> that gives you something like
> >>
> >> title Windows XP
> >>         map (hd0) (hd1)
> >>         map (hd1) (hd0)
> >>         rootnoverify (hd1,0)
> >>         makeactive
> >>         chainloader +1
> >>
> >> Look through the list archive for the thread "Dual boot fedora and
> >> windoz-xp" or read
> >> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=116009942500003&r=1&w=2
> >>
> >> hth
> >>
> >> Thierry
> >>
> >> --
> >> (o<    Thierry Sayegh de Bellis, RHCE
> >> //\    http://glossolalie.com
> >> V_/_   Fingerprint: 9976 11FE D9C6 8C67 6242 7BB1 6466 3F1D 56ED 7D5A
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > Hi, new here.
> >
> > Does it have to be Windows XP? Can you not find a copy of Win2K and
> > run it in a Virtual?
> >
> Define Virtual?
> If Virtual machine yes you could but you don't get the full processing
> power of the machine since you're using the host OS.
> if by w2k you mean dual boot, the above *should* work
>
> disclaimer: i never needed to do this since i do not use Windows.
>
> --
> (o<    Thierry Sayegh de Bellis, RHCE
> //\    http://glossolalie.com
> V_/_   Fingerprint: 9976 11FE D9C6 8C67 6242 7BB1 6466 3F1D 56ED 7D5A
>
> --

Sorry, Virtual Machine ie VMware or something like it. I'm actually
close to being in the same boat. Currently a dual booter and very
close to ditching my XP altogether. 2 things are stopping me: World of
Warcraft and Native Instruments Traktor. I'm setting up a Win2K VM lab
over the weekend to see if I can run these apps in the VM environment.

--
Moif Murphy