can't play avi file

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Nov 29 04:01:56 UTC 2006

taharka wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 22:25 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:
[...]
>> Or missing codecs?  ATrpms has a package for the codecs (w32codec).
>
> Possibly. However, the same file refuses to play in Mplayer with
> exact same codecs on suse 10.0 :-(

Hmm.  Could be different compile time options or versions as you said.
I was mainly thinking of why it would work for one FC6 user and not
another.  And then you go throwing more variables into the mix. :-)

Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people
are right more than half of the time.
    -- E. B. White, 1944