Samba Problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Nov 29 22:59:05 UTC 2006

Michael Satterwhite wrote:
> I'm trying to get Samba functioning on my home network. It worked fine
> on Ubuntu - and I've saved the configuration file. Obviously I'm doing
> something wrong here, but I don't see it.
>
> My smb.conf has the line WORKGROUP=SATTERWHITE

You may want to run "testparm /etc/samba/smb.conf"

Dumb idea - change "WORKGROUP=SATTERWHITE" to
"workgroup = SATTERWHITE". It may not matter, but every example I
have seen of Samba configurations has a space on each side of the =
sign. I have run into cases before where missing spaces have caused
problems in config files.

Mikkel