firefox slow rendering (e.g. wikipedia)

Clodoaldo clodoaldo.pinto.neto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:17:03 UTC 2006

2006/11/30, taharka <res00vl8 at alltel.net>:
> How do,
>
> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 15:28 -0200, Clodoaldo wrote:
> > 2006/11/30, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com>:
> > > Okay, I've had this problem for a while and I'm beginning
> > > to wonder why.
> > >
> > > Firefox sometimes responds very slowly, especially when
> > > rendering Wikipedia and a few other pages (mostly wikis
> > > actually). I don't mean connecting to the internet, I mean
> > > responding to the user; e.g. I run a mouse gestures
> > > extension which can become unusable with a couple
> > > of Wikipedia tabs open. Booting the same machine into
> > > Windows Me and running Firefox I don't have this problem.
> > > System is FC5, Athlon 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 3 Ti200
> > > with Nvidia drivers.
> > >
> > > So:
> > > Does anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > I have. Any site javascript intensive makes FF consume 100% CPU for a
> > few seconds at each click. Gmail is one of them.
>
> So, how bout installing the noscript extension & enabling javascript for
> sites where it is absolutely necessary?

You are a genius. What a wonderful solution. I each site i just go to
Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> Enable JavaScript. And them wait for
each click or page scroll. I have a better one: Why not just use Opera
in instead of FF? This one is much better: If you have nothing worth
to say why don't you just shut up?

--
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto