top posting netiquette

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 1 00:55:14 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 September 2006 17:10, Grumpy_Penguin wrote:

[...]

>Toby Keith's lyrics to his song "Weed With Willie."
>
>I always heard that his was top shelf
>Lord I just could not wait to find out for myself.
>Well don't knock it till you've tried it.
>And I've tried it my friend.
>I'll never smoke Weed with Willie again
>Now we learned a hard lesson in a small Texas town
>He fired up a fat boy and he passed it around
>The last words I spoke before they tucked me in
>I may discount Bungee jump but,I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
>
>Chorus
>
>I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
>My party's all over before it begins
>You can't pour me some old Whiskey River my friend.
>But I'll never smoke weed with Willie again
>
>We hopped on his old bus the Honeysuckle Rose
>The party was Huntsville, but it was after the show
>Alone in the front lounge, just me and him
>I took one friendly puff and the grim creeper set in
>
>Chorus
>
>Now we're passin' the guitar, we're tellin' good jokes
>I can tell one's a comin' 'cause I'm smellin' smoke
>No I do not partake I just let it pass by
>With a grin on my face and a great contact high
>
>In the fetal position with drool on my chin
>We broke down and smoked weed with Willie again

Yeah, and he got busted again just last week with about 2 lbs of good stuff
in the buss at the time.  But everybody claimed it as their own for
personal consumption so the worst they could do was misdemeanor
possession. :-)

But I don't do any smoke these days, haven't since the spring of 1989 when
I quit a 2+ pack a day habit cold turkey.  And I was offered a suck on the
pipe just last night too.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)