Change in YUM with recent update

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Tue Oct 3 00:55:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-28 at 17:22 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:21:09 -0500
> Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Now it gets a new line for each progress update [1] as
> > seen from an update done today.
>
> Your terminal window is likely a few characters too narrow for the text
> display to show on a single line.  Widen it out a bit and see if that fixes it.

doh!.  I thought I was using the standard width (and was) in the
gnome-terminal screen.

It turns out that the addition of the ETA at the end of the lines makes
them stairstep as I saw.  Extending the gnome-terminal width by a few
characters brings back the original behaviour.  So it seems that now a
default gnome-terminal is not wide enough.

I have not tested this in a text screen so do not know if it is the 80
character limit or the gnome-terminal default width that is the culprit
here.

Guess I need to engage brain before posting. :(