PowerEdge 1600SC with RAID card AND IDE drive

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Oct 5 18:22:33 UTC 2006

I have a PowerEdge 1600SC that has a RAID card and two 32 Gig drives
that are mirrored. I picked up a Seagate 750GB hard drive and have it
installed and hooked up using the 80 ribbon cable. I can go through the
FC5 install and setup both drives. I'm not using LVM and set
up /, /boot, and swap on the scsi drives and a separate ext3 partition
on the 750GB drive. Install goes fine, but it will not boot up.

I've tried putting grub on both the MBR and the first sector. The boot
order matches what is in the BIOS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
James