all commands of all users

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Mon Oct 9 15:25:56 UTC 2006

adel.essafi at laposte.net wrote:
> Dear all
> I am managing a fedora server in a high school. users connect to the server
> through ssh.
> I want to know if it is possible to configure the server so that I get all
> the command line they type in real type.
> the .bash_histoty is not a reliable solution because, it is updated after
> logout and the user can erase it.
> Is there another way?

For when they need help:
Have them type 'screen'
then you can 'screen -list' and attach to their session with screen -x
<screen-id> and watch it live.

You could also execute screen on login so that each session has a
'screen' than you can attach to and watch whenever you need to.

You could also have them run 'script' to capture their session.

Depends on what you need.