thoughts on LWN "how many Fedora users are there"

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:12:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 06:41, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> We probably dont have to coordinate all these before FC6 release but I
> believe some of the mirrors would be willing to provide access logs to
> calliberate metrics.

Why don't you add a repository that holds a small optional
file just for tracking purposes?  If someone really doesn't
want to be counted they could remove the repository reference
and since there wouldn't be a lot of traffic you could
use a few servers where you have access to the logs.  Personally
I think it would be nice if this file itself would be updated
with the count of accesses on a monthly basis so anyone
participating in the process has access to the result.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com