video tools for linux?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sun Oct 15 05:31:07 UTC 2006

On 15Oct2006 14:18, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
| On Sat, 2006-10-14 at 20:39 -0500, Christian Langer wrote:
| > Am trying to play files from bittorrent with extension .wmv and none
| > of my videoplayers will do it, e.g., mplayer, xine, videolan, totem.
| > Any suggestions?
|
| You might have a corrupted, encrypted, or just plain faked, WMV file.  I
| don't know what deals with encrypted ones, even on Windows (it just
| complains, it doesn't pop up any option to supply credentials, or some
| way to unlock them).

Also, for that encoding all these packages tend to need the w32code
package installed. My copy comes, I think, from the atrpms repository.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should
they be considered patriots.  This is one nation under God.     - George Bush