Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 16 03:28:46 UTC 2006

> Just xscreensaver rotating random pictures out of a directory. Nothing
> 3d on this box.
>
> Just slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............
>
> Dotan Cohen

Dotan, speaking from experience and of course ymmv, sis chipset based
boards are generally slower than Intel or NVidia.

We don't use them here. We've seen great degradations in performance in
using these cheaper sis based boards.

This is based on years of experience of building PCs, the sis based ones
do not perform as well on our benchmarking tests.

Please don't flame me for saying so though - I just want to give you a
heads up when you purchase your next mainboard.

Regards,
Ed.