[FC6] i386 or x86_64?

M.Lewis cajun at cajuninc.com
Tue Oct 17 00:55:39 UTC 2006

Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 02:31 -0500, M.Lewis wrote:
>> With the upcoming release of FC6, I'm wondering if anyone can offer
>> their thoughts on the x86_64 flavor. I've seen some discouraging posts
>> about x86_64. I'm wondering if there are positive thoughts about x86_64
>> as well.
>>
> I love the x86_64 on my system.  I built it just as FC5 was coming out
> with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor and installed the 64 bit OS.  I have
> had no problems at all.
>
> True, there are some things that are not yet 64bit compatible, like the
> mplayer plugin for firefox, but those are few and there are many
> work-arounds (like using the 32  bit version of the app).
>
> Overall,  go for it.

Thanks Jeff, Gilboa, Ronald and James for all the comments, both good
and well maybe not so good. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you!
Mike

--

  You can't make a program without broken egos.
   19:50:01 up 4 days, 20:41,  8 users,  load average: 0.44, 0.24, 0.17

  Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org