Top vs. bottom posting, solution proposal ;-)

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:00:10 UTC 2006

On 10/15/06, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> How true....
>
> What I really need is a solution for how to keep the cats from running
> over
> our bed/head/body in the middle of the night.  All solutions, except for
> those below, are welcome.
>
> 1.  Close the door to keep them out of the bedroom.  (We live in a loft
> thus
> there are no doors.)
> 2.  Put them in the bathroom.  (Trying to catch 3 cats and get them into
> the
> bathroom every night would be too much.  Besides, getting up in the middle
> of the night would just release them anyway...and we're not into chamber
> pots.)
> 3.  Get rid of the cats.  (Besides the fact that we love them...if I got
> rid
> of the cats, my wife would get rid of me.  Some would contend that would
> be
> a good idea...but don't suggest it.)
>
> I realize this isn't a programming issue.  But, we have lots of lawyers,
> psychologists, etc. on this list.
>
> Even though it would be "off topic" it would still be more fun than
> beating
> a dead horse.

Simple ... find a way to keep them awake all day so that they sleep at night
too. :]

If someone is home ... bug *them* when they are trying to take their
cat-naps.

If no one is home in the day, give them something to do, have something make
a periodic noise (maybe amplify your "I just got an email discussing
netiquette" chime in your email client and leave it on) or get a dog to
terrorize them all day :]

Just a theory as I currently have no pets ... but I grew up with them so am
familiar with the cat-stepping-all-over-your-head-too-early-in-the-morning
phenomenon ... although I don't think there is an ideal time for that.

 ... now back to our regularly scheduled program.

/Mike