New kernel new problems with kernel headers

Frank Pineau frank at pineaus.com
Wed Oct 18 22:24:57 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 22:17 +0200, Niels Happel wrote:

> > > get and untar the latest version of vmware any-any updates. One location
> > > is: http://ftp.cvut.cz/vmware/ , else google for it. Actual version is
> > > 104 I think.

What, exactly is this vmware-any-any?  I ran into the same problem and
saw the same advice on several other boards, but no explanation.  As
VMWare has always worked fine for me on previous kernels, I was hesitant
to install this unknown piece of software that I've never needed before.

FWIW:  I just reverted to my previous kernel...