Flash Player 9 Beta for Linux Is Available

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 02:15:29 UTC 2006

on 10/19/2006 01:51 PM Joe Smith wrote:
> Andras Simon wrote:
>> On 10/19/06, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yep - I was up all night watching youtube videos.... :)
>> youtube doesn't require Flash Player 9, AFAIK.
>
> Any idea what it does require? I can't get anything but audio from
> youtube, with both the old and the new plugin. Other SWF content works
> fine with the new player, but no different than the old one. Other video
> players work fine for me (FC5+freshrpms).

why don't you just download the video  you are interested in, using the
script below?

--SCRIPT-------------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
bu="http://youtube.com/get_video.php?";
mkdir -p ~/youTube;
cd ~/youTube;
read -p "YouTube url? " ur;
read -p "Name? " nv
wget ${ur} -O /tmp/y1;uf=${bu}`grep player2.swf /tmp/y1 | cut -d? -f2 |
cut -d\" -f1`;
wget "${uf}" -O /tmp/y.flv
ffmpeg -i /tmp/y.flv -r 24 -ab 56 -ar 22050 -b 500 -s 320x240 ${nv}.mpg;
rm /tmp/y.flv;
rm /tmp/y1;
exit

regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./