Server Access Problem

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 20:10:03 UTC 2006

On 10/20/06, Tod Merley <todbot88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/20/06, Dan Track <dan.track at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've got an interesting problem. Basically I've installed a server (to
> > be honest its rhel 2.1), and I neglected to install any network tools.
> > I currently don't have physical access to it. I only have kvm access
> > to the console. Since I can't find any familiar network tools e.g
> > wget, ftp, ssh .telnet I'm at a loss as to how to download the
> > packages on to the server. Just to add the server does have network
> > connectivty.
> >
> > Does anybody have any smart ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Dan
> >
> > --
> >
> Hi Dan Track!
>
> So, what does the server serve.
>
> If files then you have access to get files in.  Copy files to the
> shared directory.
>
> If web pages, what services are active (PHP, Python, etc) and what is
> run.  Very many possible ways in.
>
> If worse comes to worse, hex dump / editor  - copy / paste your first
> basic exchange tool (serial tty from another machine).
>
> Good Hunting!
>
> Tod

Hi Tod,

At the moment its a freshly built server, intended for legacy software
to run on. No services are running on it except basic kernel and OS
processes.

I don't have any serial access to it aswell. So the only way in is via
th network, or I have to go down to the datacentre.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan