Phishing in response to my posting ?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus200610 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Sat Oct 21 22:45:01 UTC 2006

Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> writes:
> In response (possibly) to my recent posting on this list:
> 	Firefox crashes after printing
> I received the appended message (truncates), which looks like a phishing
> trip, and might just fool someone whose English is not particularly
> good.
>
> Has anyone else seen things like this?
>
> Sorry to take up list bandwidth with this nonsense -- jon

This looks like some spammer trying to either sell illegally copied
software or someone trying to inject MS-viruses via grabbing email
addresses from mailing lists.  Clearly this is automated.  Why would
some human target Linux users with MS-only software?

Also notice the "hash buster" lines at the end of the msg.  These are
individual lines cut from other mailinglist messages and are meant to
fool spam filters.  (They make each message somewhat unique and also
add a bit of legit content to the message.)

You didn't include the full header so its not possible to tell where
the spam cam from or if it is from a well known spam source.

-wolfgang