Lost compiz and aiglx with upgrade from pre-release

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed Oct 25 11:10:55 UTC 2006

redhatdude at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Hi,
> Has this happened to anyone? I had compiz working fine until I upgraded
> today to FC6. I try to enable it by pressing the Enable Desktop Effects
> button and it says it cannot enable them. How can I fix this?

I have a similar problem.

I had FC5 running on a Tosh laptop with nVidia Gforce graphics (running
the nVidia drivers from livna).

I've upgraded to FC6 using yum. All seems to be working OK.

I've installed compiz on FC6.

I see the same message as you when I press the "Enable Desktop Effects"
button.

Would like to know how to debug/fix this.

R.