digital camera Q

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Oct 25 12:26:06 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 05:38, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Wednesday 25 October 2006 05:38, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Tuesday 24 October 2006 15:36, George Arseneault wrote:
>> >A photographer friend of mine suggests, that you check
>> >the cannon website for linux drivers.
>>
>> Did that yesterday George, came up empty, like linux should be a 4
>> letter word to canon.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
>
>Linux *was* a four-letter word to Canon, for a long time, but I
> understand that they have *very* recently seen the light, and we can
> expect more support in the future.  Let's hope the article I read was
> right.
>
>Anne

I hope so, some of their printers look pretty good when driven by winderz.
And may even be ok for linux as I see mentions of them go by on the
gutenprint list from time to time.  But a major change in attitude on
canons part would surely be mentioned there and I don't recall any real
discussion pertaining to it taking place.  The other half of that problem
is that canon, like hp, is a far-flung outfit, and official changes in
attitudes often take years to reach the folks in the trenches.  I suspect
it starts in a particular trench, but often gets stepped on in the
boardroom & never gets past the CEO.

But then CEO's should be treated like babies and changed from time to time,
for the same reason... :-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)