Can't boot kernel-2.6.18-1.2200.fc5

Mel mel at laamail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:08:55 UTC 2006

Richard England wrote:

> Haven't had time to investigate further but I will.

These days I am very busy and haven't had the time I would like to have
to follow-up on this.

Because I have a working kernel, it is not urgent.

What I have found that I don't understand (actually there is a lot I
don't understand) is why a search was giving me acpi files in 2187
directories but none in 2200 directories. A second system had them in
both 2187 and 2200 directories.

I ran yum list acpi on the failing system and acpi was not installed
(don't know why not). I installed it and now see acpi in both 2187 and
2200 directories.

I tried rebooting after installing acpi but got the same results.

There must be a power fail recovery file somewhere that is unique to
2200 but is not deleted or at least overwritten when the 2200 kernel is
removed and re-installed.