Sane (xsane) Scanning on HP PSC 1500 eg 1510

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 27 03:13:27 UTC 2006

Jovan Spasojevic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i hope everyone can help!
>

> I'm using fc6 and my printer is a hp psc 1510 allinone. However for the
> first time i scanning with xsane....i'm printing etc. but now i can't
> scanning anymore....but printing works. I don't know whats the problem i
> had reconf. sane backend but i cannot scanning either.........
>

> [root at localhost sane.d]# sane-find-scanner
>
>   # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
>   # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
>   # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.
>
>   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
>   # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
>   # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
>   # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0x4c11 [PSC 1500 series]) at libusb:001:003
>   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by
>   # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>
>   # Not checking for parallel port scanners.
>
>   # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
>   # can't be detected by this program.
> [root at localhost sane.d]# scanimage -L
> [root at localhost sane.d]#
>

> regars,
>
> jovan

I attempted to use an HP PSC 1209 to scan in documents and dmesg
referred to problems with usb ports. I guess the printer mode and
scanner mode have to co-operate or one process off while the other
process is on.

I did not know it ever worked. You might check your messages log and
dmesg when attempting this. Also, isn't there a special program for
all-in-one scanners that is needed? I do not scan a lot and was happy
with the print capability, which I use mostly.

xsane crashes whenever I tried the scanner function though.

I can't help you, but I hope this gives you some ideas.

Jim

--
If you would know the value of money, go try to borrow some.
		-- Ben Franklin