Media Check errors on Fedora Core 6

Tom Weniger trweniger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 17:57:52 UTC 2006

On 10/27/06, Thompson Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:

> Is anyone else having similar challenges, or should I
> assume the problem is entirely on this end?
>
> As a side issue, how would I get the sha1sum of the burned
> cd? I believe that should remain the same as the image
> file, or am I completely a sea?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help

Greetings Thompson,

I had a similar challenge with the DVD download. I cleaned the DVD
after it failed the mediacheck the first time, then did another
mediacheck with the boot message linux ide=nodma (from the release
notes) and it failed again. I then tried the mediacheck in another PC
and it worked. Third-time lucky when I retried it on the original PC.

Open a terminal and type:
>sha1sum  'name of cd'

HtH.

--