Experience upgrading from core 5 to 6

norm norm at workingtools.ca
Sat Oct 28 19:12:32 UTC 2006

After reading the various posting about the problems upgrading I was
reluctant to do the upgrade.
After a few false starts because of issues at my end (my cd reader is
very fussy about the cds it uses and will not use work well with rw
cds).
The upgrade took a fair amount of time but then with an old box and
only 256 of ram what could I expect.  To make a couple of applications
work I also had to allow the updates to be done.  With the exception of
one dependency problem during the update and a lost icon during the
actual upgrade everything has worked with no real challenges.
All I did was start the process and go to bed evey couple of hours or
so if I woke up I changed to the next cd and went back to sleep - it
would be nice it would be nice sleep through most jobs.