FC6 & Sony VAIO Experience

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 29 23:33:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 19:27 +0000, Chris Wright wrote:
> My kids use stellarium and the big difference I noted was the frame
> rate went from 1-10fps to 100+ FPS.

Hmm, I noticed that Stellarium went from being very usable on a FC4
running on a 500 MHz Celeron with 500 megs of RAM, to being next to
unusably slow on a 1.6 GHz P4 with 500 megs of RAM on FC5.

I wonder if your improvement is due to FC6 or that some daft
inefficiency exists in the FC5 version?  What version do you get with
FC6?

$ rpm -q stellarium
stellarium-0.8.0-3.fc4

$ rpm -q  stellarium