Memory staying in cached status -- Possible Memory Leak

Adam Hough ahough at lsu.edu
Mon Oct 30 19:20:10 UTC 2006

I like to use a utility called nmon. (I know that there are other
utilities but cannot think of them atm.) It can profile the resource
usage of a machine but I do not remember if it will actually output the
memory usage of the programs running.
http://www-941.haw.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/WikiPtype/nmon

http://www-941.haw.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/download/attachments/437/nmon4linux_x86_11d.zip?version=1

To use top to output to a file.
"top -b -n X (where X is how many times you want it to run)
> /someplace/somefile"
A "top -b" will run until the it is stopped and will update every 3
seconds.