Seven Percent

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Sep 1 14:40:07 UTC 2006

Paul Smith wrote:

> I tend to think that the "market" share of a distribution is not an
> accurate indicator of its value, as otherwise one would have to
> conclude that MS Windows is by far the best operating system.

Well that doesn't hold together at the extreme, and OS used by one
person will not attract anybody else to work on it without direct
compensation.

An OS used by zero people would fare even worse ;-)  Clearly living in
splendid isolation compromising nothing is not going to be an easy way
forward.

-Andy