Cyrus SASL + LDAP

Chong Yu Meng chongym at cymulacrum.net
Mon Sep 4 07:42:11 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Not strictly a Fedora issue.

I'm trying to get my head around the following configuration:

I want to setup Cyrus SASL such that it will look up a OpenLDAP
directory tree to retrieve the password for authentication. Cyrus SASL
and OpenLDAP will provide authentication services for Cyrus IMAP as well
as Postfix.

From Googling about for the last 3 hours, I have been able to gather
that I should define the following inside /etc/saslauthd.conf:
ldap_servers
ldap_bind_dn
ldap_bind_pw
ldap_search_base

But this will only work if the username is a UID in the tree. For my
purposes, I need SASL to look up the mail attribute and get the
corresponding password.

Is there a parameter that will allow me to define a LDAP search string?

Thanks in advance !

--
Pascal Chong
email:  chongym at cymulacrum.net
web:    http://cymulacrum.net
pgp:    http://cymulacrum.net/pgp/cymulacrum.asc

"La science ne connaît pas de frontière parce que la connaissance
appartient à l’humanité. et que c’est la flamme qui illumine le monde."

-- Louis Pasteur