NX software

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon Sep 11 11:58:48 UTC 2006

>> of freenx.  see this url:
>> http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/
>
> Thanks! That was what I'm looking for... good ole plain English step by
> step docs!! Ric

Beware ...

I found I had to run "passwd -uf nx" to enable the nx account, which
isn't in the fedoranews how-to. This was a source of authentication errors.

Also, be careful if you uninstall nx. The rpm uninstall script is a bit
broken at times. Use "rpm -vvve" instead of "rpm -e" or "yum remove" if
you get errors. After installing/uninstalling several times, rpm -e was
trying to delete certain files which didn't exist. Using the verbose
output allowed me to identify and re-create these files, allowing the
"rpm -e" to complete successfully.

freenx works great for me now!

- Mike