Red Hat Users Invited To Test RHEL 5

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Sep 15 10:54:23 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 22:26 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

>> RHEL probably would be too slimmed down for my usage at home.
>
> RHEL will include some packages that are in Fedora Extras; they'll just
> be maintained (for the purposes of RHEL) by Red Hat staff instead of the
> community members that maintain the packages in Extras.
>
> Paul.

It is good to know that RHEL will contain some programs that are in
Fedora-Extras. There are many programs migrated that would be missed
otherwise. My assumption without research was it was less than FC plus
extras. The last try I did with CentOS seemed to give me that impression.

Jim

--
Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack.