Where are snnbmounts mounted?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Sep 16 14:30:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 01:43:44PM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 19:07 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> > Now remind me again why GUIs are supposed to be intuitive.
>
> Well, you're supposed to have a basic curiosity to find out what you can
> do with them...  ;-)
>
> It always gets me when someone asks how they can do something that's
> listed in a menu.  They're called a menu for a reason.  You're supposed
> to look through them to see what you want.  But some people seem to have
> an objection to doing so.

If that's aimed specifically at my comments, be aware that I did right
click on the icons in question, and I did examine the menus. As I was
looking for a way to remove the icons, I looks for text along the
lines of "Delete This Icon". Perhaps I am dense, but I did not
consider "Unmount" to include "Delete This Icon".

Since, as another branch of this thread makes clear, the shares are
never actually mounted, the term "Unmount" in this context is doubly
misleading: nothing is actually unmounted, and unmounting has nothing
to do with deleting an icon.