hostname doesn't stick

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 17 21:41:05 UTC 2006

From: "Anne Wilson" <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk>

This is what I was referring to.  I was surprised to find Fedora adding the
local host name to the localhost line.  It caused me problem (I do run samba) that totally
disappeared when I split the line, keeping the localhost line
pure.

I suspect that would cause some sincerely erratic behavior, especially
once a real network was attached to the machine.

(And I suspect learning how to setup a local only DNS would be a good
mental limbering exercise. Good examples abound.)

{^_^}