I doan wahnt no stinkin' HE-LIX ann I doan wahnt no stinkin' TOE-TEM!!

Rikke D. Giles rgiles at centurytel.net
Mon Sep 18 20:33:29 UTC 2006

On 09/18/2006 07:17:51 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> To add to the mystery how does one change what you get when you go to
> address: about:plugins in firefox?
> --

To change the default behavior for downloads, which is what the GP is
talking about:  in firefox go to edit->preferences->downloads.

There's a section under that called download actions, with a button
called view and edit download actions.  Click this.  Remove the actions
for types of files you don't want to open automatically.  I believe you
might have to restart firefox after this.

To change what you get in about:plugins add or remove plugins from
usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.  That's where they should all be.  Or
usr/lib/firefox[version#]/plugins: for example,
usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/plugins.  Restart firefox after taking out or
adding any plugins.

Cheers,
Rikke