Gnome-screensaver Slideshow Not Working

Khoa Ton khoa at puresynergy.com
Wed Sep 20 07:13:21 UTC 2006

I'm running FC5 x86_64, and gnome-screensaver-settings
as well as the actual gnome-screensaver do not show the slideshow
screensaver Cosmos.  The screen is just black.  The other
screensavers selectable from gnome-screensaver-settings are
all working, except "Picture Folder", which is also a slideshow
type of screensaver.

I've tried:
	# rpm -e gnome-screensaver
and reinstall:
	# yum install gnome-screensaver
but still no working slideshow screensaver.

Running the exec entry shown in:
	/usr/share/gnome-screensaver/themes/cosmos-slideshow.desktop
namely:
	/usr/libexec/gnome-screensaver/slideshow
--location=/usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds/cosmos
program did bring up a windowed slideshow of the cosmos.

Can anyone point me to where to look to debug this problem?

I really like the Cosmos screen saver.

Thanks,
Khoa Ton